Stanton University welcomes applications from nonimmigrant F-1 visa students. Acceptance into a program is necessary before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (formerly INS) Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) is issued by the university’s International Student Admissions Officer (ISAO). The decision to grant an acceptance will be based on all evidence received prior to the deadline. Students may contact the ISAO at SU to request forms or information:

By Mail:
Stanton University
International Student Admissions Officer
9618 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 201
Garden Grove, CA 92844

By Tel: (714) 539-6561
Fax: (714) 539-6542


  1. International students must register for and maintain a full-time program of study in the academic program in which they are enrolled. A full-time program of study is 12 quarter units or more per quarter for undergraduate students and 8 units for Master’s students. Part-time F-1 status is not permitted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored by the University.
  2. Photocopies of passport and/or U.S. Visa must be submitted with an application.
  3. Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and of SU to be admitted as international students.
  4. A transfer student from a college/university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, must:
    • Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS), and
    • Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) at the college/university the student was last authorized to attend (an official transcript must be filed).


All international students are required to pay a $200.00 non-refundable application fee. The fee is valid for up to one year from the date processed.


    1. Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year’s education and living expenses to the satisfaction of the ISAO. The amount of financial resources required varies by the program the student plans to enroll in. The ISAO will provide each student with the specific amount required.
    2. An international student attending the University must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.
    3. An international student may not accept off-campus employment while attending the University unless approval is granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and the ISAO.


An international student whose native language is not English, who plans to enroll in a program taught in English, must meet the university’s English Language Proficiency Requirement to be considered for admission. The English Language Proficiency Requirement can be fulfilled by one of the following:

  1. Test of English as a Foreign Language Students can establish ELP by taking an international Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) taken within 24 months before beginning coursework. Acceptable TOEFL scores are 500 on the Paper-based Test (PBT), or 61 on the Internet-based Test (iBT) for undergraduates and 525/70 for graduate students. Institutional reports or photocopies will not be accepted.
  2. Students may petition to wave the TOEFL requirement under one of the following conditions.
    • Completion of a transfer level college English composition course at an accredited United States institution with a grade of “C” or higher;
    • Completion of ESL assessment and placement at an assessment skill level 40 or higher; in addition, the student must take the prescribed coursework at the level of assessment; or
    • A minimum ACT verbal score of 19 or SAT score of 450, for undergraduates.
  3. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) The IELTS may be used in lieu of TOEFL. Both undergraduates and graduates must score Level 5.
  4. A Certificate of Advanced English (C.A.E.) or Certificate or Proficiency in English (C.P.E.) grade of “C” or better will also be accepted.
  5. Completing Stanton University’s ESL Certificate of Achievement (CA) Program and receiving the ESL CA. TOEFL is not required for students who have completed Stanton University’s ESL CA program.